Rent Our Facilities
There are a variety of spaces available for rent at the James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts. The James Lumber Center is ideal for organizations seeking a performing arts venue for lectures or seminars requiring larger capacity.
There is plenty of free parking available and we are accessible to persons with disabilities. For more information on any of the spaces we have available for rent, please call (847) 543-2678 or email JLCevents@clcillinois.edu.
Download detailed theatre production packets.
Mainstage Theatre: 600-seat proscenium
- Stage Dimensions: 48' wide x 36' deep x 28' high;
including wing space, 92' from stage right wall to stage left flyline.
- 3 lighting catwalks
- Follow spot booth with strong xenon arc followspots.
- Hydraulic orchestra pit: 10' deep and 40' wide.
- Flexible acoustical music shell.
- Steinway concert grand piano.
- Spring-wood stage floor.
- 10,175 square feet.
Studio Theatre: 250-seat thrust
- Thrust area: 33' wide x 22' deep.
- Procenium stage: 23' deep x 50' wide.
- Trap area: 18' wide x 14' deep, adjustable 3' high.
- Wing and fly space.
- Fully catwalked.
- 5,914 square feet.
Harnish Experimental Theatre: 125-flexible-seat
- Black box, open theater.
- Flexible staging and seating options Student lab: classes,
rehearsals and productions.
- 2,915 Square feet.
- ADA-compliant (wheelchair access to most areas, including technical spaces).
- Assistive listening devices are available for the hearing-impaired in the classrooms and theatres.
- Loading dock accessibility to all three theatres and scene shop.
- Parking lots adjacent to the facility.
- Dressing rooms with showers, lockers and lighted mirrors.
- Dance studio classroom with sprung hardwood floor, full-length mirrors and portable and permanent barres.
- Fully equipped costume shop, including washer, dryer, sewing machine, etc.
- Makeup classroom.
- Fully equipped scene shop.
- Instrumental rehearsal room.
- Choral rehearsal room.
- Music practice rooms and classrooms.
- Computerized lighting board: ETC Congo.
- Approximately 450 ETC, Strand and Altman lighting Instruments.
- Centralized amplification system for all classroom and theater spaces.
- Clear-com intercom system.
- Portable dance floor.
Get a free copy of the Acrobat Reader. Install instructions are available at Adobe's Site.